Lower back pain is a frequent companion of country life. Work in the garden, small daily repairs at home-and now you find it difficult to straighten up, and the rest turns into torture.
Indeed, the vast majority of back pain in the country is associated with problems of the musculoskeletal system. But it should be remembered that there are other diseases, the symptom of which may be lower back pain. This is important because the treatment will be different, and its absence can lead to disastrous consequences.
Why lower back pain: possible causes
Let’s look at why the lower back can hurt in the country. Most often, lower back pain signals that you have:
- low back pain and neuralgia;
- kidney disease;
- pancreatitis is in the acute stage.
Consider each of the possible reasons in more detail.
Kidney disease as a cause of lower back pain
Lower back pain can occur in a variety of renal diseases:
- glomerulonephritis – infectious renal disease;
- pyelonephritis-purulent inflammation in the renal pelvis;
- the formation and movement of stones in the kidneys and the ureters.
Often kidney disease contributes to hypothermia, colds or diet; easy to confuse torn waist with kidney problems. However, there are symptoms that are specific to this type of ailments:
- pain is not related to movements and physical activity;
- body temperature often rises to more than 37.5 degrees;
- a slight tapping of the edge of the palm in the kidney area causes severe pain;
- there are problems with urination-frequent or too rare, painful;
- urine becomes cloudy, changes color.
When a person has kidney pain, first of all it is necessary to call a doctor. This organ does in the body is too important a function to be put at risk. While the doctor is on his way to the cottage, try to alleviate the patient’s condition.
What you can do:
- put the patient or help him to take a comfortable position;
- in the presence of temperature – give antipyretic;
- give the sick spasmolytic;
- monitor pressure, temperature;
- provide assistance if necessary, if a person needs to turn around.
Often write that those with kidney disease will help warm compresses or a warm bath. Remember! To do warming treatments categorically it is impossible! If the pain is caused by pyelonephritis, warming will only worsen the situation, as the inflammation from the heat increases.
All further actions can appoint only the doctor after professional survey.
Back pain in pancreatitis
A characteristic symptom of pancreatitis is the encircling pain that begins under the ribs on the left. Then it spreads to the abdomen and back, forming a ring. Another point to pancreatitis may be pain in the navel area. With atypical forms of the disease, back pain is frequent, slightly above the waist — they are usually taken for anything other than the symptom of pancreatitis.
First aid for pancreatitis includes:
- hunger (ill before examination is strictly impossible to eat);
- comfortable position (help the person to take it), peace and comfort;
- moderate drinking (a little to give plain water);
- condition monitoring (do not leave the patient alone).
There are body positions that help reduce pain: knee-elbow posture and embryo posture.
Lower back pain due to degenerative disc disease
Osteochondrosis is a disease of articular cartilage that connects the vertebrae. Because of their pathology, the roots of the spinal cord are pinched, which is the cause of pain. In the risk group for osteochondrosis is anyone over 30 years, and recently this diagnosis is often found in adolescents and very young people.
The main reason for the attack of back pain-lifting weights, long-term work in an uncomfortable position (for example, weeding or garden work). The development of osteochondrosis is provoked by long road trips, when a person is constantly in a sitting position.
This low back pain can overtake almost everyone. You will be able to recognize osteochondrosis by the following symptoms:
- lower back aches, the pain radiates to the leg;
- the pain becomes stronger when moving, changing position, load;
- can be burning or shooting pains – “backache»;
- after a long stay in one position it is difficult and painful to change;
- the sensitivity of the legs and buttocks is reduced, there is a feeling of “goose bumps”;
- feet get cold, sweat is broken.
There is no temperature in osteochondrosis.
If you are completely sure that it is in the spine, the person will help the following measures:
- wool belt or woolen shawl on the lumbar region;
- lie on a hard surface: Board, table, hard mattress;
- taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- local anti-inflammatory ointments.
It is important to remember: painkillers can not be taken on an empty stomach. They irritate the mucous membrane and can cause gastritis or ulcer. If you are not sure about the diagnosis, consult a doctor-taking anti-inflammatory drugs for problems with the stomach or pancreas can aggravate the situation.
What not to do
In no case do not try to “straighten” the back – this can increase the pain, and even harm the back.
In case of exacerbation of osteochondrosis, heating procedures are not recommended. In no case should you take a hot bath or bathe in the bath. After warming up, a person will feel temporary relief, then the pain will increase significantly.
If such pains bother you often, you should take an MRI (a picture of the lumbar spine) and contact a neurologist.
Important! If after taking anti-inflammatory drugs you feel relief or complete disappearance of pain, you should not resume physical activity. The patient needs rest-up to bed rest — for some time.
How to relieve pain if it’s neuralgia
Neuralgia is an inflammation of the nerve. The neurological symptoms of lumbar pain similar to the symptoms of degenerative disc disease: back responds to the movement of cases afraid to make a move. But there are specific moments:
- the pain spreads along the inflamed nerve;
- the nature of the pain is “twitching”, it can subside and suddenly appear even at rest;
- skin color and sweating may change, there is a tremor in the muscles;
- if the back pressure, pain occurs on both sides of the spine.
To cure neuralgic pain is difficult, but trying to facilitate is necessary. Help the sick:
- analgesic anti-inflammatory drugs;
- medications that relieve spasm;
- complete rest.
In case of severe neuralgic pain, it is better to hospitalize the patient.
Remember! Using drugs without medical advice and examination, you can put your health at risk.