Every hostess knows: in the creation of culinary masterpieces there are no trifles, everything is important. But the finished dish, no matter how successful it may be, need a decent frame, which will complement the taste and give a touch of piquancy or national flavor. Unconditional favorites of a few fresh greens (better – different, and a lot), spicy sauce and spicy aromatic sauce.
Today we will talk about the legend of Caucasian cuisine-tkemali sauce. Without it it is impossible to imagine any feast, it is an ideal addition to meat and fish cooked on coals or baked in the oven. Tkemali sauce will be needed for the preparation of this kharcho-hearty, thick, rich (not to be confused with rice soup, these are two different dishes!).
Needless to say that store-bought sauces do not go to any comparison with those that you cook personally, from freshly picked plums and torn greens? Drawing inspiration from this article you will surprise your family with unique taste of tkemali-fragrant, spicy, sour and sweet at the same time. And if you want to prepare a few jars for the future, for the winter holidays – there is nothing easier! Just keep it in a secret place, so that the home is not seen, and then tkemali before the holidays will not live – eat much earlier!
Tkemali sauce (1 way)
To prepare you need:
- 1 kg tkemali (a cherry plum, a subspecies of the plum);
- 50 ml water;
- 1 teaspoon cilantro seeds;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- ombalo-Mentha pulegium and salt to taste.
- Wash tkemali with cold water, cut into halves, put in a saucepan.
- Pour in some water, put on the fire and let simmer until the skin begins to lag behind.
- Then wipe the tkemali with a wooden spoon through a colander to remove the skin and bones.
- Pour the tkemali puree into a clean saucepan and cook again until the desired density is obtained, stirring all the time. Stir should be a wooden spoon, often, as the mass of tkemali very easily sticks to the bottom.
- 5 minutes before cooked, add the ground capsicum, garlic, cilantro seeds, ombalo (if possible) and salt.
- Ready sauce through funnel pour in the bottle, filling them to the neck. Then pour into each bottle a spoonful of vegetable oil and seal the pre – steamed stoppers or tie folded cellophane.
- After a day of bottles, corked tubes, tarred.
- Store in a cool dry place.
Tkemali sauce (2 way)
To prepare you need:
- 1 kg tkemali (plum);
- 1 head garlic;
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro and dill;
- 1-1,5 tbsp. chopped green pepper;
- salt to taste.
- Prepared tkemali (wild variety of plum) put in an enamel bowl, fill with water so that its level was 1-1. 5 cm above the fruit, and cook on low heat until the fruit will not come off the skin and will not separate the bones.
- Then mass of together with broth wipe through a sieve or a colander.
- To the resulting puree, similar in consistency to sour cream, add cilantro and dill, crushed capsicum and garlic, salt, a little sugar (optional), bring to a boil, remove from heat and cool.
- For long-term storage, pour the sauce into bottles, pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil on top, close hermetically.