Usually, flower beds are decorated with either special plugs (all sorts of figures on long “legs” stuck in the ground), or garden sculptures. The plugs are too simple and do not have the necessary volume. And, as a rule, made of colored plastic or tin, and these materials in the flower garden do not always look good. Well, if we talk about garden sculpture, it happens that it looks too large “structure” for a flower garden or is located at the bottom and is not always noticeable. Let’s try to combine the ideas of plugs and sculptures in one accessory, creating an original decoration – “tea set”. It will successfully combine the original idea, noble material, and refined decor.
All you need is an old teapot, Cup and saucer. It is not necessary that items have the same pattern, they can be completely white, have cracks, chips, and other defects. Decor will transform ceramics, and your flower garden will get a unique decoration.
To work, you will need:
- old teapot, tea Cup and saucer (small)
- multicolored paints for ceramics (for firing)
- markers of different colors for painting ceramics
- a piece of small diameter metal tube no more than 2 m long
- two caps from the bubbles from under the brilliant green or iodine
- silicone sealant
- metal file
- thin brushes
1. Draw small flowers that resemble red roses over the entire surface of the teapot at regular intervals. Draw without first drawing with a pencil, immediately paint. The drawing is very small, so the detail is not important, try to convey the character of the flower in separate strokes. Let the paint dry a little.
Draw small orange chrysanthemums, then blue bells, and then lilac violets in places that are free from painting. Do not forget to dry the paint a little after drawing each type of color.
When all the flowers are drawn, draw the leaves, stems, and green curls. Especially thin and small details finish with markers. Similarly, sign the Cup and saucer. After that, place the entire set on a baking sheet and place it in the oven. Turn it on, bring the temperature to + 170 °C. After it is reached, burn the dishes for 20 minutes, then turn off the oven and wait for it to cool completely. Carefully remove all items — the teapot, Cup, and saucer-from the oven.
2. Glue the Cup to the saucer using a silicone sealant.
3. Cut the metal tube into two pieces: one 1-1. 2 m long, and the second-about 80-90 cm.
4. Glue the bubble cap to the bottom of the teapot with a silicone sealant. Then glue the same lid to the bottom of the saucer (with the Cup already glued).
5. Lubricate the end of the longer tube with sealant and insert it into the lid at the bottom of the kettle. Insert the short tube into the lid at the bottom of the saucer. Dry.
The original plugs are ready — you can decorate the flower garden with them!
If you do not need to paint cups and teapots, the task is simplified:
The decoration can also be functional: for example, this plug illuminates the garden.